Flight delays, lost luggage, unexpected hotel costs– oh my! Nothing can damper your client’s holiday spirit more than experiencing major bumps in the road while traveling to be with their loved ones. Travel insurance can help relieve some of the stress. Below we’ve listed the ways our travel insurance can help protect your client from unexpected events while traveling:
Delayed or canceled flight
In addition to the possibility of having inclement weather conditions, the holidays are a busy time for traveling. If a flight is delayed or canceled because of severe weather, travel insurance can provide reimbursement for any unused, pre-paid and transportation costs to return home.
It can be difficult for airlines to keep up with the large crowds that travel during the holiday season. Especially when traveling abroad, checking a bag can lead to a lost luggage and a major headache. While travel insurance can help cover the costs for your client’s lost luggage, there are certain limitations. Based on the plan purchased, Allianz Global Assistance defines a maximum payout and a per-item limit. To help ease the process, it’s always a good idea to advise clients to keep their most valuable goods close and make a list of each bag’s contents before they leave so they have it ready to present the airline.
Sick while traveling
There is nothing worse than being sick before leaving for vacation. It’s important to consider that for travel insurance, not all illnesses are treated the same for coverage. One of the most popular concerns with travel insurance is the treatment of pre-existing conditions. With Allianz Global Assistance, benefits can still be provided for a pre-existing condition if the following conditions are met:
- The client, traveling companion, and/or family member has been taking medication for a recurring condition that exhibited symptoms or was treated anytime 120 days prior (or as specified in their plan) to purchasing their plan
- They purchased their plan within 14 days of making your first trip payment or first trip deposit
- They purchased Trip Cancellation benefits that covers the full cost of all your non-refundable trip arrangements
- They are a U.S. resident and medically able to travel on the day they purchased the plan
- The total cost of their trip does not exceed the maximum cost specified by their plan
Travel insurance can help take the stress out of traveling during the holidays so your clients can focus on making memories with their loved ones. We strive to help create a seamless and stress-free trip for your clients, regardless of the bumps in the road.
Should you or a traveler ever need assistance, please contact our 24/7 Emergency Assistance numbers:
- Within the United States, Canada, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands call toll free: 1-800-654-1908 or
- Outside of the United States, call collect: 1-804-281-5700