While several of our teams have been working to bring new epidemic-related covered reasons to our product offerings, our award-winning assistance team has been providing services that help your customers tackle some of today’s pandemic-related travel challenges. Here are some of the ways they can help.
If a traveler is exposed to an epidemic illness while traveling, or shows symptoms, one of our experienced assistance team members can:
- Refer your customer to a nearby medical facility for testing and treatment
- Provide embassy contact information to help navigate potential challenges to their return home
- Help your customers research epidemic or pandemic requirements and procedures specific to the location where they’re traveling
- Offer over-the-phone language translations
If your customer is ill with COVID-19 and needs help with quarantine accommodations or other arrangements, our assistance team can:
- Help find alternate accommodations, if needed
- Research local delivery services for food and supplies
- Assist with rebooking travel arrangements and notifying any tour guide(s), once your customer is cleared to travel again
If your customers want to be kept aware of health and other potential safety risks while traveling, they can also download our free TravelSmart™ mobile app with the new Alert Center safety feature to receive contextual alerts specific to their location—along with advice on specific precautions to take in response.
Next time you’re offering a travel insurance plan, be sure to remember these value-adding services we include with our plans, and add them to the conversation as another strong selling point.